Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday already?

I told myself I was going to keep up with this blog.  I said, "Self, you are going to keep up with that blog".

But it's way too hot to do anything.

I cleaned house, ran to Kroger, took Dancer Girl shopping, did some laundry, watched TV, read a new book (more about that later) and now I'm catching up on the blog.

Ironman called today.  The bank called him and wanted to confirm the closing on our house for Friday.  What?  Friday?  As in the day after tomorrow Friday?  I was shocked.  The contract states June 30.  And we had everything planned toward that date.  We have 2 more weeks.  There is really no way we can get the rest of our belongings out of the house tomorrow.

Here are a list of most of the things we have left in that house:
1 sofa - that is huge and HEAVY
2 queen mattresses
1 overstuffed chair and ottoman
1 coffee table
2 televison sets
1 chest of drawers
many many garden tools:  rakes, shovels, brooms, weedeater, etc
Many potted plants (more about that later)
Numerous boxes of kitchen items that have not been packed yet

I guess we could do it in one day........ but we don't want to be bossed around.  They said June 30.  We'll do it next week if they want to close sooner.  But not in 2 days.

I still can not believe the house has sold.  Or is about to sell.  Maybe I won't believe it until I have the money in my hand and I can smell it.  I may put it under my pillow and sleep with it.

Where does that leave us?  HOMELESS

We are still living in the rent house.  I am BEYOND ready to move out.

Ironman and I and all the children are meeting a realtor Friday afternoon to tour a dozen houses.  I am determined to find out.  I don't care if we spend the entire weekend, I will find one.   That will be the fun part of moving.

In July we are taking a trip to Nashville and I would like to have a contract on a house before we go.    I really want to.  So, let's do it.

Ironman told me that the family that is buying our house inquired about my clay pots and ceramic planters.  They do NOT go with the house.  Dang people!

I'm reading a new book.  It's not a new release.  I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon it.  But it is oh so clever.  I love me a clever book.

Here it is:  the sweet by and by
                  by Todd Johnson

The story of 5 women and how their lives wind around each other.  Each chapter is told from another woman's point of view and yet the story moves forward.  Just like another book:  The Help.  

I'm making chicken enchiladas for supper.  The 2 on the end will have less cheese.  Those 2 are for me.  Gotta watch the calories since I haven't been exercising and I've been stress eating.

Dancer Girl is asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment