Thursday, November 12, 2015

Job search continues….

When I left off, I had picked up a job application at a nearby Catholic School.  I have a friend who works there as a kindergarten aide.  And when I say "friend" I mean an acquaintance.  And by acquaintance I mean a lady I've talked to a half dozen times when I was subbing at  a different school.  She changed schools over the summer and I had no reason to ever run into her again.  We don't live near each other, don't go to the same church, don't work together, etc.

But she remembered me.

And she sent me a message of a job opening at her school.  She also told me she just couldn't get me off her mind.

Wow, Jesus.  Just wow.  That you would use somebody I barely know.  And she barely knows me!

And so I followed her advice and went by the school.  Talked to the headmistress/principal/bosslady.  Oh so sweet she was.  She gave me the papers required to be put on the substitute teacher list.  One of the requirements was attending a class on child abuse that is held once a month. Although it is offered free of charge, I needed to preregister.  And so I went online to register.

Guess when the class for November was being held?  The very next evening.

Once again, WOW JESUS.  Just in time.

Yes, I could have taken the class later but why wait?  So I went.  I learned a lot.  It was very well done.  2 short videos.  Group discussion.  Questions answered.  Background check information given.  I'm glad I went.

Today I need to run to the courthouse and be fingerprinted.  I'm also going to vote absentee.  We have an gubernatorial election on the 21st but I will be out of town.  When that is complete, I'm going to drop the papers off at the school office and be ready and waiting for someone to need a substitute.

I'm still waiting and praying about taking more substitute jobs at the other school.  In fact, I agreed to take a teachers' maternity leave beginning in March.  Mid March.  My heart is no longer interested.  I don't want to put her in a bind so I've set a deadline.  January 31 it is.  If I don't find a permanent position by then, I'm going to go ahead and take the maternity leave.  I figure if I talk to her before then and explain the situation she'll have plenty of time to find another sub.  Trust me, this school can find permanent substitutes in a flash.

Funny, but I mentioned that to Rosemary.  She told me, "Don't feel bad for her.  She wouldn't feel bad for you"  And you know what?  She's right.

All good things come from above.  I am waiting in anticipation for what God is going to do.

Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment