Saturday, January 4, 2014

I'm sure it was the guac

Today I had lunch at Jason's Deli.  I eat there often.  Well, once a month which is "often" for me since I don't eat out that much.  But today it was cold.  And windy.  And I had been sitting all morning.  There was a Jason's Deli just across the street and so I just decided.  I ordered a cup of chicken noodle soup and 1/2 of a salmon-wich.  Why did i order that?  I've never had it.  EVER.  Ironman gets it anytime he's eating at the J.D.  It just popped out of my mouth.  Oh, I'm sure it'll be fine.

I took my order home.  Opened the sandwich.  Let me tell you, they should call it a quarter sandwich instead of a half sandwich.  Shoot!  It was a big as a saltine!  I took one little bite.  Oh, ugh, the guacamole.  I just can't handle avocado.  So I scraped off as much as I could.  Pulled out just the salmon.  At one more bite and that was all I could do.  I moved on to the soup.

Things were going fine until about a half hour later.

You know the signs:

sudden fatigue.
dull yet pounding headache
stomach feels bloated


I decided to go lay down.  And well, you know what happened.  You don't?  I puked my guts out!  I haven't thrown up that much in…. well, since the last time I was so sick.  It wasn't pretty people.  I wasn't sure it would ever end.  What else is in my stomach?  I haven't eaten anything else.  Earlier this morning I had oatmeal with blueberries.

You know how it is when you get sick from something you ate.  You just know what it is.  It wasn't the celery, the berries, the milk, the bread, the dressing, the banana, the dessert……..it was the guacamole dressing on that stupid sandwich.  SO AWFUL!

Needless to say I got nothing done today.  I started to hang the new curtains in the master bedroom but I was just so tired!  I thought about finishing my pillow sham project.  But I'm just not in the mood.

Tomorrow is Sunday.  The daughters and I are visiting a new church.  New to us.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. When I eat at Jason's I always go for a Rueben or a Muffellata. I adore guac, but prefer to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll avoid avocado from now on. It was rough. In fact, I may just avoid Jason's Deli for awhile.

    ReplyDelete