Monday, January 12, 2015

January Organization

Everybody is gone.  The Engineer is back in Dallas.  Baylor girl went back to Baylor and my youngest daughter is back in school.  Even Ironman is back at work.  So I'm home alone today.

DO YOU KNOW HOW EXCITED THAT MAKES ME??

I wouldn't want to be alone all the time…….. but wow oh wow how I enjoy it when it happens.

I woke up bright and early.  I already knew what I was going to do but, as always, I had to make a list. My daily list.  Yes, I do it every single day.  I don't know how people manage without a list.  When I write it down I can let it go.  The paper will remember for me.  Clears my thinking, you know?

I haven't been upstairs in my house for any length of time since Thanksgiving.  That's right.  I just haven't had time.  And there were always people up there and I didn't want to bother them while they were watching a movie or playing the piano and sleeping or reading……. go on and on and on.  But today that was all going to change and I couldn't wait. Some people like to go out for drinks and a movie……I like to SORT and PURGE and CLEAN and pack and organize and WOOP.  IT's a good day for me.

I walked into my 10th grade daughter's room and I was overwhelmed.  Yes, ME.  The one who specializes in organizing.  Wow.  Thats a lot of stuff.  Shoot, I should have taken a photo.  Let me just tell you - the bed - unmade.  The suitcase from our Disneyworld vacation still on the floor with clothes piled on top.  And speaking of clothes - good heavens.  EVERYWHERE there was clothes.  I rolled up my sleeves and made a quick survey of supplies needed.  Armed with my sorting tools:  a box for goodwill, several black garbage bags and a couple of laundry baskets…. I jumped in.  It took me over an hour but her room is sorted. and tidy.  Love a tidy room.  What will she say at 4pm when she gets home this afternoon?  ha  I don't know.

I moved on to the other three bedrooms which were clean except for the linens.  I peeled the sheets off and threw them into the laundry basket.

We have a den upstairs that we sometimes call the game room.  Sometimes call the movie room.  I have my sewing and monogram machines in there.  It's a big nice room that gets a lot of action.  My middle daughter had gone in there while she was home and "cleaned' out the closet.  I almost DIED when I saw what she did.  Ugh.  I was FURIOUS but I did not want to blow up when it was her last night at home.  WOW.  Ironman said "you look like you're 500 degrees hot"  Yep.  I sure was.  I was PISSED.  So that was the first order of business in that room - putting the closet back in order.  I moved the DVDs and the video games into the other closet.  This particular closet is for ME.  Stay out.  I feel better now.

I miss the kids when they're gone.  But having one day alone at home is good for my mental health.

I'm running some errands this afternoon and tonight I have the television to myself.

Oh I love my clean, tidy house.  It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment