Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Words of Advice

Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

I've been thinking of that advice lately.  When do you SAY it and when do you just let the moment pass and bite your tongue.  If you choose to SAY it then you risk sounding arrogant or witchy or even stupid.  If you don't say anything and manage to keep quiet those few tempting moments, you risk seeming aloof or ineffective or STUPID.  You just can't win.

I just can't win.

I prefer to not say anything unless it's of sound judgment and beneficial.  And so many times I keep my fat mouth shut.  I would never say something to make someone feel embarrassed or ineffective on purpose.  And those few times when I have done that I was either so sick of her or just feeling like a bully that day.

And women can be the worst people to work with.  Yes, today I wanted to be a smart elic.  I wanted to say  "Who died and left you the Queen"  But I didn't.  I managed to heed the advice and not miss the opportunity to keep my mouth shut.   I don't care what the other woman thinks.  About me or anything else, for that matter.  I do not appreciate her.  I do not think she's marvelous or spectacular or "one to be envied"  I just want her to go away.  I had to wonder what it is that makes people act like that.  People who are so sarcastic and witchy about any subject under the sun.  I have my witchy moments but I know I can manage a kind word more often.        

I have 7 more days of this substituting job I took.  It's going to be a long 7 days.  Someone started to ask me today, "Are you so relieve........" but then she caught herself.  I did not respond.  But YES I am SO RELIEVED.  I'll be even more relieved in 7 days.

House check in time:  My house has been on the market for  338 days and no buyer in site.

No comments:

Post a Comment