Sunday, June 12, 2011

Did I get hit by a truck?

This weekend we made two trips between the house for sale and our rental.  And I am worn out.  I feel so tired I'm not sure I can make it to the coffee pot.  

Friday we loaded the heavy furniture.  It took all day.  The next morning we drove to the storage unit and unloaded the heavy furniture.  Ironman and I drove back to the 'house for sale' that night.  I barely made it.

Saturday Ironman and I loaded boxes.  Boxes and boxes and boxes.  And anything else that would fit securely.  Drove back to the storage unit.

I was asleep by 8:30pm.

And this morning I feel like I was hit by a truck.

Here are some photos.

Dining room at 11am

 Dining room at 3pm
 Dining room at 6pm

These photos do not indicate how much WORK it is to wrap all that china  and crystal  Individually.  Not to mention all those little VBS and Preschool things the children made.  And not to mention that the china cabinets had a lot of GLASS.  One of them has a solid glass front and glass shelves.  Add to that ....... they are H.E.A.V.Y.  Yes, a lot of work.

But let's back up.  My day began at 11 packing.  Why so late?  Because I had to have a mammogram.  I used my iphone to document my day.  First let me say, it's nothing.  Nothing to it.  The hardest part is getting from the parking garage to the actually imaging center inside the hospital.  There is no easy way.  Allow yourself 20 minutes of straight on full blast walking to get there. Here's how my typical appointment went:

I had to park on the 3rd level.  I prefer to park on the 2nd level.  Near the sky bridge.  Of course, so does everyone else.   This now means I'll have to take 2 elevators down to the first floor.  See?  20 minutes.

        First elevator - Out of Order.  Do you see a sign?  Neither do I.  I decide to return to the parking garage and just walk down one level.  More walking.

   Walk across the sky bridge that connects the main hospital with the women and children hospital.  Isn't it so clean and shiny!  Pass up Dr Tanner's office.  That's his waiting room right at the end of this bridge.  I did not take a photo of it.  That would be weird.  It was crowded.

There is an elevator but frankly, it's super slow.  And there were several women standing around waiting for it.  I'll take the stairs.

Pass the fountain.  

To Admissions.

I'm number 17.  The good news is....... there's no one else waiting.  

Now after the insurance and admitting papers and bracelet, WALK to the imaging center.  More waiting.  By now you need to sit and wait a while.


Inside the changing room.  I thought about taking more photos but the radiologist lady wasn't that friendly so I didn't chance it.

In and out in 20 minutes.  If you didn't have all that walking to do it really would be easy.

Now to just wait for my letter of clear health.  Last year I was called back.  Ugh.

Well loookey here.  An elevator repair man.  About time you showed up.

Good bye until next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment