Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Aching Feet

I have always loved shoes.  Always.  They say shoes are popular with many women because you don't have to enter a dressing room to try them on.  And that usually you wear the same size for years.  And that really you can not be discriminated against by the size of your shoes.

You know what I mean.

For years I wore an 8.5.  As long as it was 8.5 I could wear any heel height, any toe shape, and style, any color, any anything.  And I did.  I had shoes from Payless to Macys to Goudchaux's.   Hey - that was all before the internet shopping days.

Last year I turned the big 50.  I didn't feel older anywhere in my body except for my feet.  It's crazy.  Suddenly my foot is wider.  What is up with that?  Also, I can no longer fit into an 8.5.  I must have a 9.5W.  Yes, WIDE!  Shoes of that size suffer in availability and the all important stylishness.

Thanks go online shopping the search has become a little bit easier.  But because my feet ache most of the time I find it hard to buy a brand with no track record.   I need to try them on first.  Take a test walk.  Have one of my teenage girls give me her opinion as to the matron-ness of the style.  We don't do matronly.

Is there a secret to buying shoes online?


No comments:

Post a Comment