Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Fitness Pal

Hey MFP - thank you SO MUCH for helping me this week.  I literally could not have made it without you.  I've tried all kinds of eating plans:  vegan, all veggies, paleo, wheat belly, weight watchers, low fat, low carb, high protein, ........... the list could go on and on.

I stuck with them alf  For a week.  Or maybe just a few days.  The problem was consistency.  I just couldn't survive.  I couldn't hang in there.  I gave up.  I felt deprived and it was hard to eat what the fam was eating.  It was almost impossible to eat out at a restaurant.

The hunger made it impossible to function.  I was literally hungry all the time.  ALL.THE.TIME!  Nobody got time for that!

Then like a star from Neverland, here came My Fitness Pal.  Balanced, reasonable, and most importantly, doable.  Yes, I've made it six days.  Six whole days which included a 3 day weekend trip out of town!

The app assigns calories for the day broken down into protein, carbohydrates, fat, sugars (a little redundant but I still reference it.)  Vitamins and other nutrients are also calculated for you.  All you have to do is enter the name of what you are eating.  Or you can scan the barcode with your smart phone.

Last week I entered my stats:  height, weight, age
I measured my neck, waist and hips and entered the results.
It just takes a second to enter what I'm eating.

Nope.  My new pal is not paying me.  I'm just excited that I found something that is easy and doable.

I set my goal to lose 1.5 pounds a week.

Today was the end of week 1.  Do you want to know the results?

Okay...... drum roll......

beginning weight:  223.8

Today:  222.2

Do you know how long it's been since I've lost a pound?  EVEN ONE POUND?  a long, long time.

Oh one more thing before I leave:  Dr. Oz Show today.  Did you watch?
He worked out a "deal" with fast food lovers.  Go ahead and go a couple times a week.  HOWEVER the food you choose must add up to 500 calories or less.

Go here to see what to eat where:  Dr Oz's 500 Calorie Fast Food Meals

My first benchmark goal is to be 215 by Halloween.
My second benchmark goal is to be 199 on January 1 2014

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment