Friday, September 27, 2013

Since I've turned 50

Yep.  I'm the big 5 - 0.  And to tell you the truth, I'm the big 5-2!!  And since I've "grown up" there are specific changes I've noticed about myself that have shocked me.  Yes, I shocked myself!

1.  I need glasses to read billboards.  I mean, it's awful.  I used to hate it when my mother would say, "Wait, let me find my glasses so I can see".  And now I'm that old lady.

2.  I can not handle the giddy silliness of morning talk shows.  Good Morning America?  Who's happy about it.  The Today Show?  Ugh, too much silliness.  I'm not in the mood.  Today I actually saw Al Roker twerking with some tall actress.  AL ROKER??!!  Ugh.  Too early in the morning for that.
Thankfully and surprisingly, I totally enjoy CBS Morning News.  They don't go outside.  They aren't loud and obnoxious.  Charlie Rose,  Gayle King and the woman with the perfect white teeth who is absolutely gorgeous (sorry can't remember your name)  I thoroughly enjoy you.  Thank you for being grown ups in the morning.  Much easier to take with my first cup of Jo.  And Gayle King?  I turn on the TV just to see what you're wearing.  Gorgeous every single day.

3.  I can't stay up much past 9:30.

4.  I'm not interested in keeping up with the Joneses.  In fact, I don't even know the Joneses.

5.  I was in Old Navy with my youngest daughter this week.  Wow.  That was a shock.  I"m just too old for Old Navy.  And Gap?  You're almost behind me, too.  Sad, sad.  I still like some things at JCrew but I can feel time running out on that.

6.  I know a dozen recipes by heart.  May seem strange to notice that.  But even 5 years ago I was always looking up in cookbooks.  Cookbooks?  That's something else.  I never use them.  They are decoration.

7.  Daytime Talk Shows - snoozers  I"m not interested in who slept with who.  In fact, I think that's pretty slutty.

8.   I get tired.  Really tired.  Much quicker.

9.  I go to the doctor.  For years I only went when I was ill.  Now I go when I'm well.

10.  The last thing I've noticed since I arrived into 50-dom, I'm very sure of what I like.  And that's a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment