Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday - the worst day of my week

I guess everybody has one day of the week that is their favorite.  Friday?  Saturday?  Sunday?  Yes for me.  All 3 of those.  But when it comes to the WORST day of the week, for me it's definitely Wednesdays.

And today is Wednesday.

The ice storm wasn't as bad as predicted so schools are open.   We don't do ice well here in Louisiana.  But today will start out cold and the ice should melt by 2pm.

Off to work I go.

Wednesdays are loonnngggg days for me.  After school today Dancer Girl and I are going to run some errands to buy the final touches for her science fair project.  Then this thing will be OVER.  Complete, turned in, science fair is Friday.  D.O.N.E.  Thank goodness The Engineer was here to help us.  It was a monster.

College App deadline has passed.  So the last minute scramble to get everything turned in with I.T. girl is complete.  Now we await the decisions.

Ironman and I bought a dishwasher yesterday.  It is set to be installed next week.  I KNOW!!  Why does it take so stinkin' long?  We'll see how this one works out.

*********

Today is Day 32 of P90 workout schedule.  It's amazing the results I'm seeing in 30 days.   Amazing.

********

Last night I made pizza with cauliflower crust.  I found the recipe online.  You brown the cauliflower in a skillet until crisp.  It took about 15 minutes.  In the bowl of a cuisinart you put 2 eggs, 1/2 cup cornmeal, seasonings, and the crisp chopped cauliflower.  It comes out the consistency of cornbread batter.  I poured it onto a pizza pan covered with parchment paper.  Baked it for 20 minutes.  The crust was golden brown and crispy.  Ironman topped it was vegetables, etc.  Verdict?  The consistency was nice.  I like thin and crispy and that's how it was.  The taste was just okay.  And the smell?  I could not eat it because of the smell.  It smelled like, well, cauliflower!  Ironman gobbled it up.  

I wonder if you could use any old vegetable with similar results minus the smell.  Would carrots work? Carrot pizza crust?  I should experiment.  Let me jot that down on my to do list.  

I also made pizza crust from Vegan for Carnivores cookbook which is my go to recipe.  Came out perfect and tasty.  My kids ate that, of course.

*******

Let my Wednesday begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment