Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

Today is February 2.  Today is Groundhog Day.  The day every year when that little prickly fellow named Phil is rudely awakened to predict the weather.   I got up early as usual and turned on the news.  I watched the top hats pull Phil out of his burrow and that little creature did not see his shadow.  And so he decided spring was coming early this year.  Well, Phil, I hope you are right
Today we did not get above freezing.  Tomorrow we will not get above freezing.  And then the precipitation will start.  Weathermen like to call it "wintry mix".  I call it "Stay at home weather".  So I am keeping my fingers crossed that school will be canceled Friday.  Or tomorrow.  Tomorrow and Friday would be nice.

We have no report from the family that toured our house yesterday.  Ironman did ask the realtor about lowering the price of the house.  She said that we are getting plenty of showings and interest at the current price so we should wait to lower it.  The market picks up in the spring.  Oh my gosh if I had a penny for every time somebody told me that.

I don't have any photos for today.  I need want a new camera.  And a silhouette machine. And a new house.

I am so ready for warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment