Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Niece Gets Married!

Saturday night in New Orleans is a good time to get married.  Ironman, The Engineer. The I.T. Girl, the Dancer Girl and I all went to the wedding.  We met the entire family
at their suite.  It was a crowd.  There were a lot of people with the same last name!  I remember when I first met all these people.  How overwhelming it was to be introduced to this huge family all at the same time!

Nieces and nephews are now all grown up with children of their own.  Funny to watch them as adults.  Funny to remember stuff.  Just stuff.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  We all had a great time.

We walked a few blocks together to the church at the end of Bourbon Street.  And after the cermony we walked back.  The newlyweds rode through the city and made a grand entrance into the ballroom.  Lots of food, dancing and activity.  And could Big Brother cut a rug!  I was amazed!


















Bride dances with her father.  Wow.  Who knew he could dance like that?  And who knew I'd forget to take photos of the bride and groom's dance.   Another niece is going to email me her photos.  So I'll add it later.




Did I mention there was a lot of food?
Gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish pie, fettuccine with chicken and shrimp, crab cakes, roast pork, and of course wedding cake.  And that's just what The Engineer ate!



Not my best photo.  I took it with my phone.  So that's my excuse.  It was a happy night.  We needed a break from the house selling stress.



And then back to school on Monday.  The Middle School Tennis Jamboree.  Wow there were a lot of 6th - 8th graders.





I need to remember my camera.




No news on the house.  Tomorrow is The Engineer's birthday.   A teenager no longer. We got him one silly gift and several really good gifts he's not expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment