Monday, May 14, 2012

Calorie Count from a long weekend

Hello everyone.  Did you make it safely through the weekend?  I did, but just barely.  Oh it wasn't that bad.   This morning, however, I had to use a crane to get my exhausted self up and out of the bed and onward toward evening.

Where do I begin?  Thursday night:

Thursday night was opening night for the middle school's production of Alice in Wonderland, Jr.  The "Jr." part indicates that it'll be just over 60 minutes.  The story is the same story that you are familiar with, just a little condensed.  But the characters are all there - Alice, The Mad Hatter, The White Rabbit, The March Hare, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and The Cheshire Cat played by my daughter.

I agree it's not the best photo.  But no flash photography was allowed.

Friday was a busy, busy day at work. Lunch was catered for the faculty.  Full Chinese Buffet.  Oh my.  And at the end:  red velvet cake.  Double oh my.  Cake Count:  1 small slice of cake.   I had company coming and decided to ask The Engineer and I.T. girl to attend Friday night's production so that I could stay home and clean the house.  Which I did, kind of.  I kept getting distracted.  I mean who wants to scrub the bathrooms on a Friday night?

Saturday morning I arose earlier than normal, visited Kroger before 9am.  Ladies and Gentlemen I have discovered the time of the week Kroger is NOT busy.  7:30 on a Saturday morning you will have the place to yourself.  You are welcome.

On the way home I saw that awful red light at Krispy Kreme.


Before I knew it, 2 dozen glazed hot donuts jumped in my car.  Well, hello hot doughnuts!  Doughnut Count:  2


I expected company to arrive at 4pm.  They arrived at 1:30.  WOOPS!  Ironman had been out of town (how convenient) and had just barely arrived home when family descended upon us.

Now, don't get all offended.  We love our family.  Still I find myself stressing over every single detail.  I worry about the table setting, the bathroom mirrors and the menu.  Oh the menu.  I know why I stress.  It's a long story.   I'll spare you.  Maybe next time.

We went to eat at a restaurant Saturday night before the 3rd night of the show.  I chose this particular restaurant because I knew the service was lightening fast, the food was warm and homey and they have world famous PIES.  It was delicious.  I began to relax.  Pie eaten:  zero. Yes, I skipped the pie.  They gave it to me in a go box.

After the show Saturday night we all had cupcakes from Buttercups Bakery. Cupcake Count:  1 vanilla cream.  Oh my.  Delicious

Sunday morning after church we sat down to our family Mother's Day dinner.  It was delicious.  Especially since I didn't cook one THING.
Pie Count:  1 slice of strawberry pie that was DELICIOUS!!  Oh my gosh, delicious

Sunday night when family was all on their way home around 6pm I decided it was time for pie.  Pie Count:  1 slice of strawberry pie.  1 taste of the chocolate pie.  I don't even enjoy chocolate and that pie was ................. oh my............... what a pie!

Grand Total:

2 Hot Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
2 slices strawberry pie
1 slice red velvet cake.  It was small, but at this point that doesn't matter
1 vanilla cream cupcake
1 taste of chocolate pie

And that's just the desserts.

Nope.  Not going to list the other stuff I ate.

Today is Monday.  Back on the old wagon.  I have a sweet potato roasting in the oven. I have streamed broccoli and cauliflower in the steamer.  I had whole grains and veggies for lunch.  Fruit and oatmeal for breakfast.  I feel better all ready.

We leave for vacation in 31 days.  Let the countdown begin!!

What did you eat for Mother's Day???

5 comments:

  1. I ate way too much! We had Mexican food Saturday night, then ordered out on Sunday. I ended up having ice cream both nights, as well as chocolate... Ugh. I tried to eat well today, but that didn't really go so hot. I guess I can start over again tomorrow, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you can begin again tomorrow. I'm glad you had plenty to eat on Mother's Day. :)

      Delete
  2. Way to jump right back in to eating healthy!

    I believe I ate worse than you over the weekend. I blame Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame Mother's Day, too. And I did jump back into the healthy eating but it wasn't easy. One day at a time.....

      Delete
  3. I've saved up my doughnut points for the last month, just to enjoy them for Mother's Day breakfast. They were delicious! So were the lemon bars I ate later. But I think all the housework I did to get ready for the family party evened out the sweet treat eating! Or at least, that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete