Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday in my shoes

I always have big plans for Saturday.  I'm going to do this and that, finish that over there, make decisions about the thingamajig.  And take a nap.  Oh yes, the big plans are always in my mind.

Step into my Saturday shoes.  I took my iPhone camera along for the ride.  Most of the time I remembered to take a photo.

The day started early.   And so did the laundry.  See for yourself.

 This is my "regular laundry"
This laundry is from The Engineer.  He moved home from the dorm last week.  He had several duffle bags full of clothes.  He TOLD me the clothes in the 2 blue bags were clean.  I had such a busy weekend last weekend with mother's day and all, I just set the heavy bags in the closet.  This morning I unzipped them.  WHEW!  OH MY GOSH!!  There was no way I could sort the clean from the stinky.  Because it ALL stunk.  Or stank.  Stinked?  You know what I mean.  I just dumped it all in the hall and prepared for battle.  How many jugs of detergent will it take?

Speaking of Mother's Day take a look at this card I saw at the store.  I enjoyed it so much that I snapped a photo with my phone. (sorry for the cruddy photo)



I know!  It made me laugh, too.  Which is why I snapped the photo and texted it to my buddy Lisa.  Happy Mother's Day Lisa.

But back to my day.

Please continue reading with the sound of a washer and dryer in the background to get the full effect as that is what I heard all day.  Thank you.

Errand time.

First stop: World Market. I like stores like this.  Stores were you can wander around.  Look at stuff.  Pick it up.  Change your mind and put it back.  Criss cross the place.  It's like a treasure hunt.  I like to be able to THINK while I'm thinking.  And shopping.  You know what I mean?  Translation:  No annoying sales people asking me if I need help shopping.  Me.  Need help.  Shopping.  BAHAHAHA

Anyway I saw this dresser.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  It was part of a bedroom set .  That's the footboard leaning in front of it.  I'm going to watch this set for a sale.
They had so many cute beach things.  It was hard for resist a shopping spree.

 Next stop:  Kroger.   I don't make it a habit grocery shopping on a Saturday but it just couldn't be avoided.  I did wait until after the Saturday morning rush.   You know that feeling you get when you see a family boarding a plane with a baby in tow?  And  you immediately begin to cross your fingers  and chant "Don't sit by me.  Don't sit by me"

I got that look from a couple at Kroger when they saw my coupon binder.  And I passed them more than once.  Oh gosh did I EVER want to snap their photo.
Unloaded the groceries.
Started supper
Menu:  Cod filet, stir fry broccoli and garlic, brown rice.

Cooked and cleaned.  Watched a YouTube video on how to clean my stainless steel cookware.  You can learn just about anything on YouTube.  Follows the suggestions.  Pots and pans are shiny as new.

Did I tell you about the time I learned how to remove a security tag from I.T. girl's dress?  We had 30 minutes to get to her piano recital.  She had a new dress  complete with the security tag.   What to do?  I watched a video on YouTube.  Took me 2 tries and the tag released.  No damage to the dress and we were on our way.

Gosh I get off the subject often.

Where was I.  Oh yes.  I printed out labels for the bins in the garage and laminated them.  LOVE LOVE the laminator.  Bought it at Target several years ago.   I don't know what I did without it.  I never put it away.

 I think I'm going to sit down and find something on television to watch.  I'd like to relax and not think about anything for a while.

As I was uploading the photos from my iPhone I saw this one I snapped Wednesday morning at the dermatologist's  office.   This was a poster on the wall in the treatment room.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment