Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Fragments

Welcome to my first every edition of Friday Fragments.  I'm pretty excited about it myself.   Mostly because I have a lot of little things to tell you and I just can't wait. And because I'm totally exhausted.

Saddle up your horses and hang on.

**  had a boy bring a tube of toothpaste to school today in his tote bag.  All the print was in Arabic.  Color?  Brown.  Smell?  Old School Listerine.   I've never seen anything like it.  I asked him where he got it and he said, "Walgreens" .  See?  I do learn something new every day.

** Also at school we were interviewing the children individually about their experiences this year in preschool.    Got a little surprise that went like this;

me:  What is your favorite thing to do at school?
jack:  I like to play with my Woody.

Me:  How many brothers and sisters do you have?
Carol:  I have one big sister and 2 baby brothers
Me:  I am excited that you have 2 baby brothers.  Do you know what they call it when one Mommy had 2 babies at the very same time?
Carol:  yes, "twins"
Me:  What do you do to help Mommy with the twins?
Carol: (with much seriousness and thought)  I make sure they don't get stung by wasps.


Seriously, we laughed and laughed.    Have I mentioned that we are all so tired?  Anything is funny.

**I bought 2 decorative prints at Pier One today.  I paid full price.  That never happens.

**I was surprised Jessica made it to the finals on American Idol.   I thought it was going to be the 2 guys.

**Speaking of American Idol, my boy Clay Aiken is in the finals on Celebrity Apprentice.  I'm totally excited about the finale.  I've never watched this show from beginning to end before.  Arsenio or Clay? Who will be The Next Apprentice?  ba ba ba baaaaa
                     

I showed I.T. the ideas for my blog.  She is going to help me.  Yippee!

Ironman the vegetarian has lost so much weight.  How much can I lose before we go on vacation?

Took the dog to the vet today.   He has an ear infection.

This weekend:  laundry, laundry and more laundry.  And grocery shopping.  And hitting a sale at The Loft.


You are welcome.




4 comments:

  1. Kids are so cute! They say such great things.

    Hope you have a great weekend--in spite of the chores. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the never ending chores. Somebody's gotta do them. Obviously nobody else around here even notices. :) Have a good weekend

      Delete
  2. I love that she saves her baby brothers from the wasps! What a heroine. You do seem to finish the school year early. Our kids don't break up for the summer holidays until the end of July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end of July!!!! Oh my goodness. Is it a year round school? We are in session from the first of August until the end of May.
      There must be a story behind the wasp comment but that was all I could get out of her!

      Delete