Saturday, March 3, 2012

Beautiful Day

The temperature dropped 20 degrees overnight.  That made a huge difference in my disposition.  I'm not ready for the humidity.  Today was beautiful outside.

I sat on my driveway and painted.  I found a tutorial for a pottery barn knock off American Flag  here.  I'll post a photo when it's finished which should be tomorrow.  You can totally do this in a day.   I want to hang it in the hallway between my hearth room and the stairs.

I also painted a few picture frames I had lying around.  The red frames on one of my mantels are pretty but they've been displayed since before Christmas.  I'm ready for spring colors.  I'm going to just switch out the photos.  I can't NOT display the babies.

I have a confession:  I've become addicted to pinterest.  Anytime I have an idea or wish I had an idea for things around my house - from decor to dessert - I do a search on pinterest for inspiration.  This morning I found the prettiest oval frame  that once held a mirror.  The minute I saw it and the transformation I thought, "I HAVE AN OVAL FRAMED MIRROR"  I creeped up into our scary attic and found it.  Taped it, prepped it for painting. Not to just find the exact color.

I woke up ready to clean and I did that and more.

I hope this good weather lasts a few more days.  I have a couple of closets that need attention.

1 comment: