Thursday, March 22, 2012

Energy to Spare so I Prepared a Dashing Dish

My middle daughter's favorite meal is stuffed bell peppers.  Yes, they are delicious but not an easy weeknight choice for me.   This time of the year green vegetables are plentiful and at their peak of flavor.  During my adventure into Kroger yesterday I picked up 6 green bell peppers that were on special for 35 cents each - quite a bargain.  

After school today I was reading through some of my favorite blogs.  I have recently discovered Dashing Dishes blog.  Find it here.   From the beautiful photography to the inspirational messages to the delicious, healthy recipes this blog is a keeper.  

I searched for a stuffed pepper recipe and found this one:  Taco Stuffed Peppers

 OH MY GOSH!!!  I ate one.  I.T. Girl ate 2.  And Dancer Girl ate 2.  I made an alternative for Dancer Girl as she is a picky 13 year old and can turn her nose up at just about anything new.  But she did not hesitate.  Went right for a pepper and back again for seconds.  I wrapped up the left overs and plan to take it for my lunch tomorrow.  Thank you, Katie.  Your stuffed peppers recipe was a hit!

Other Dashing Dishes I've tried:

Skinny Peanut Butter Cookie Granola  I had to half this recipe as we were low on ingredients and it's a good thing I did because I just about ate the entire recipe!!

Mini Mexican Pizzas - I've prepared this recipe twice.  The tortillas get crispy in the muffin pan.


There are so many other recipes of Katie's I can't wait to prepare.  I think I'll just stop at the top and eat my way through!  The even better news:  She includes nutritional information and weight watcher points plus for each dashing dish!

By the way, I don't know Katie.   She doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. (As they say in Tiger Town)  I just like her!

One last thing:  ONE DAY UNTIL SPRING BREAK
(you knew it was coming!)

No comments:

Post a Comment