Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for Jobs

It's 10pm and I'm FINALLY sitting down.  It has been a long, long day.

So, now to today's blog letter.  This is going to be short.  It's late.

J is for Jobs.

I had Diane Sawyer on as I was chopping vegetables for supper.  (I don't know what channel anybody comes on.  So I just call it by their name.  I just don't have the energy to figure it all out.)  Anyway the last story of the night was about jobs -  not job security or joblessness statistics but other job trivia.  I went to the website to find out some trivia for tonight.

#1 job:  Software Engineer

Happiest Job:  Software Quality Assurance Engineer.

Do we see a trend?

The #2 happiest job is Executive Chef.

Now for the bad news:

The worst job:  Lumberjack

The unhappiest job:  #1  Security Officer
 #2  Registered Nurse
#3  Classroom Teacher

I'm still thinking about changing jobs.  And now that my job is the third most unhappy one in America I think I should get busy on that.

2 comments:

  1. UGH! I get asked all the time why I don't teach. Because I would be miserable. Hope you like it better than I would! Sorry to see it's so high on the unhappy list.
    Fellow A-Zer:
    http://libbyheily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once read the most deadly job in America is traveling salesman. Scary!

    Goody luck with the challenge!

    Dianna Fielding
    Sociologyfornerds.com

    ReplyDelete