Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Women

I will never figure out women.  And I'm one of them!

Working with adult women is the most challenging and difficult part of my job:
so many personalities, so many opinions, so many women.

And I see it even in preschool with the boys and girls.

Boys have a conflict, they punch or hit, fuss at each other and in a few minutes it's all over.  They are once again buddies.

Girls have a conflict - they tend to pair up.  This group vs. that group.  They tattle.  And they say unkind things to each other.  Even in preschool.

Sometimes grown women act like preschool girls.

Women should encourage one another.  Women should be kind and thoughtful, ambitious and persistent.  We should hold each other up.  We should be helpful and inspiring.

Competition is fine but not at the expense of someone else's esteem.

I want to put on my Dr. Phil hat and say, "How's that working for ya?"

Crazy, crazy.

So I took the afternoon off.  I called a substitute. Yes, another WOMAN.  She was free and willing so I left at noon.

WWWWEEEEEEE!  I have the afternoon off!

For my finale, I found this on the web:

There is always a line at the women's room.




12 comments:

  1. Nice posting. I agree. I was going to post something about this for my R day and changed my mind. I hear you glad you posted :) Women can be very vicious at work, especially if they start a fear factor- someone who may know just as much or a little more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R day........hmmmm what could you have been thinking about.......... ridiculous? Haha Yes, it's ridiculous. And tiring. And frustrating. And embarrassing. So, there you have it.

      The good news is you can always find 1 or 2 women at work who think it's ridiculous, too.

      Have a nice day.

      Delete
  2. I hope you're enjoying your afternoon off, Patti! And I totally agree with you about women! They can be so mean and catty and territorial. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. I did enjoy my afternoon off. But now I'm back to work today.

      Delete
  3. Didn't we always think that all that cattiness would go away when we grew up? I was so disappointed when I grew up and figured that we didn't get nicer when we got out of high school...

    BUT... when I'm honest, I have to admit that sometimes I contribute to problem. Lately, I've tried to be more and more conscientious of the tendencies and try to keep myself above them. I can't fix everyone else, but I can fix me.

    Jo
    In Which We Start Anew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought I left the cattiness behind in high school.

      Delete
  4. I entered the work force after high school, excited to work with grown ups and leave all that petty stuff behind me. It took a week to realize, it's the same song, just an older verse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right, Michelle. It's embarrassing!

      Delete
  5. Women don't like women because they are the competition for us men. I overhear women saying all kinds of nasty things about each other. lol

    Too, I had a friend who used to be a prison guard. He spent 20 years on the job, 10 each in a men's prison and 10 in a women's prison. He said the worst trouble he ever had was in the woman's jail. He advised they weren't after him so much as the way they behaved. Interesting tales I heard from him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Women don't like women because they are in competition with each other!

      Delete
  6. HA! Women ARE weird. I've worked w/ all women, too, and there's a snarkiness that men just don't have. An all-men office isn't good either, though. They disintigrate into cavemen. I think the mix is probably best. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad always used to tell us when we were kids that little girls were mean because they were in training to be women. He really was right about that one! I agree with Mare Ball, a mix at work seems to be the best.

    Dropping by from A to Z; it's nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete