Sunday, April 29, 2012

Today is Sunday

Today is a day of rest from the A to Z challenge.  We have one letter left.  That letter will have to wait until tomorrow.  For today I am going to rant and complain.

I know, I know, this blog can be crazy and silly.  But that's okay.  Life is that way.  Today I am not feeling it.  I don't feel like being on.  I feel like complaining.  So I'm going to do it.  Get it off my chest.  I'll be able to move on and probably see the humor if I just type it all out.  So here goes.

To my coworkers:

!.  Please quit talking about yourself.  Endlessly.  To the exclusion of others.  It's annoying and selfish.  I've come to not even mention happenings in my own life for feat I'll be stuck listening to you talk about yourself for 5 minutes straight.
Example:
Me:  I'd like to see that movie.
Her:  That is the best movie. We went twice already.  Son #1 loved it.  He came home and built a life-size model of the car from that movie in the backyard.  He is amazing with the stuff he can do.  I think he's the most marvelous kid in the world.  Do you know another kid who could see a movie and return home to replicate it?  I remember once................ blah blah blah.

Sorry I mentioned it.

2.  Please stop gossiping about the parents at school.  It hurts my feelings.

3.  Please clean up after yourself.  The mess and clutter is driving me insane.

4.  Listen more.  Talk less.

To my Neighbors:

Your yards are beautiful.  Thank you for the flowers.  Seriously, they make my day.
See?  My rant isn't all about complaining!

To Television Networks:

Why do you take off the shows I enjoy?  I know many shows rotate.  They are on for 6 or 7 weeks, take a hiatus, return with new episodes.  How I miss them when they are gone.  

I guess I answered my own question/rant with that one.  Oh well.

All in all I don't have a lot to complain about.   My children are polite, responsible and make good grades.  My husband works hard and makes a good living.  He always refers to the money as "our money".   We are not mean to each other.  We go to church every Sunday.  We clean up our own messes.

I hope today's weather is as beautiful as yesterday's.

Tomorrow:  I have the day off!  WOOP WOOP






2 comments:

  1. Great rant with a good ending. I'm now a follower on your blog.


    Congratulations for getting through the Challenge. Hope you can join us for the May 7th Reflections Post.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. At my work, I wish everyone would wash their own dirty dishes. For some reason, we have a sink full of 'not mine' dishes. Well, they really aren't mine, but I know they belong to someone!

    ReplyDelete