Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for Uninterested Am I

Before I began weaving this post, I actually had to make sure that the word "uninterested" fit.  Disinterested?  Uninterested?  Is uninterested even a word?  No wonder they say the English language is the most difficult to learn.

Googled it.
Disinterested - lack of bias
Uninterested - lack of interest

Okay, good.  Uninterested  definitely describes how I feel about this book:

Before  you decide to comment on this post and educate me on this work of fiction I'm going to be straight up with you and say that I have not read any part of it and furthermore have no interest whatsoever in reading it.    But everybody at work seems to be reading it.  Devouring it is more like it.  They have all shared the books, downloaded the trilogy to their nooks and kindles.  I overheard one coworker today say that she had it on her iPhone.  And because she has the cloud she is concerned her teenage daughter will be able to get her hands on it.

I've only heard bits and pieces of the plot.  But I've heard enough.

Because I needed a "U" word for today's blog post I began to think of other popular things I'm uninterested in.

Hmmmmm, let me think.

Uninterested Am I:

I am uninterested in ancestry. Hey,  I heard you gasp.  Some people enjoy it immensely.   But............. ancestery.com will have to do without me.

I am uninterested in Antique Roadshow.  Ironman watched that often.  Anytime it's on.

And the last one (because I'm supposed to keep it short)

I am uninterested in roughing it as in camping,  or hiking,  or sleeping in an R.V.    I have no desire to have aching feet and an aching back and a sunburn at the end of the day!!


Let me hear.  What popular thing are you uninterested in?



10 comments:

  1. LOL I am on board with almost all of your "uninterested" items. The only concession I make is camping, which we do once a year. My husband took 7 years to convince me to try it... and while it's still not my favorite thing ever, it's always a relaxing vacation.

    Let's see... My list: Adele. Almost every reality show ever created. Beer. Sushi.

    Jo
    In Which We Start Anew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like your list. I may need to add to mine! The camping thing? I just don't know. Not sure I can. It would take everything I have inside of me to even attempt it. It's relaxing? Oh gosh, I just don't know. My husband has never mentioned it so if he starts right now........... it'll be 7 years before I have to do it! Ha That made me laugh.

      Delete
  2. Camping. I have absolutely no interest in sleeping outside (or in an RV). I'd rather everyone else go and leave me home alone to read and write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan, Dana. I'm not a camper either. Even though I've never done it, I'm pretty sure I"m not a camper!

      Delete
  3. Argh! I've been seeing that book all over the place, so controversial. While I enjoy some of the discussion about it, I'm not interested in reading it. I am uninterested in swimming! And have been for the majority of my life, everyone just loves it but I get no enjoyment from it whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on THE BOOK. No interest at all. It's just trash as far as I can tell. Swimming is hard, btw. But some people do enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I love camping! More so since we got a tent trailer so it feels like I'm roughing it more than I am. I haven't heard of that book at all, but I can say any book that has everyone buzzing, "you must read this!" is a book I am uninterested in! My only concession was Harry Potter, but we read that as a family and it is totally awesome, so it doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way with popular books. The kind you just know has already been sold to Universal Pictures. You know the ones. I find a lot of good books at blogher.com. One the book club page. Thanks, Michelle, for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I'm with you on camping. UGH. And eating seafood that's slimy, like eels and octopus. I'm uninterested in baseball, it's just too slow. I'm with you on the shades of gray book, too. A book review said it's pretty much trash, S and M and such. No interest. It's kind of sad, actually, that such a book has such a grip on the public. Give me John Grisham any day. Good post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mare. I was just beginning to think about going camping. Thank goodness you talked me out of it. :) I agree with you on the book, too. I guess we're best friends now!

    ReplyDelete