Friday, January 20, 2012

Everybody's Doing It

Cheese, nuts, turkey slices, bacon, eggs - that's what's on the menu.  I am surrounded by women who are doing the low-carb thing.   They talk about eating steak and eggs for breakfast.  I heard today the hardest meal to manage is lunch.  But the universal comment complaint I heard today is hunger.  I'm so hungry!!

I wonder if the low-carb fad is returning.  Maybe it never left.  Either way, it's back with a furry in my neck of the woods.

This week my fat pants felt slightly snug.  That is not a welcome feeling.  I guess it's the holiday eating finally catching up with me.  (And the oh so fantastic carrot birthday cake)
So I walked into the meeting room.  Again.  At Weight Watchers.  I've been a couple times before.  The first time was after my first baby was born.   I've always been successful with weight watchers.  The Points Plus system is easy to understand and almost easy to follow.  You will see results if you stick with it.   I like that I don't have to give up a whole food group.  I like that I can have just about anything within reason.

It's not a competition, but I am interested to see how we fare.  Which eating plan will be the easier to maintain?  Who will have satisfying results?  

I can do it.  It's a new beginning.

*************************************

Weather Update:  at 3:00pm it was 80 degrees.     I think I'll drive way up north and drag Jack Frost down below the Mason Dixon Line.  We need you J.F.!!




No comments:

Post a Comment