Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not.

It's diet time again.  Or maybe I should call it "healthy lifestyle" time.  The NutriSystem/Weight Watchers/Jenny commercials are everywhere.  (When did Jenny Craig become just "Jenny"?)

Yes, I've gained weight.  I blame it on the stress of having a house on the market for a long 13 months.  L.O.N.G. thirteen months.  Oh sure, some people can't eat when they are feeling anxious and stressed.  I'm not a member of that club.

We finally sold the house.  Bought a new house.  School started.  I started a new job.  It was just one thing after the other.  So before Thanksgiving I talked to Ironman about my deciding it was time to put myself on the list.  Women, and especially mothers, tend to take care of everyone else and put themselves last.  We all know that is true.

But I had to get through Thanksgiving.  And then I had to get through Christmas.  (I know, I know.......... you don't have to tell me)

About a week ago I talked to Ironman again about my plan.  I asked him to please help me.  I  need his cooperation and help.  And I definitely need him to NOT sabotage me.  Even indirectly.   Now Ironman wears the same size jeans as the day we got married.  33X34. Yep, the same size. But he understood and agreed he'd behave.  :)

This week has been a healthy week.  I've eaten from all the food groups, steered clear of sugar and white flour.

Today after work I got home to hear of the big plans.  B/C The Engineer is returning to campus on Sunday we just have to go out to eat.  Mexican Food.  OH MY!!  Patti hungry and tired on a Friday evening + Mexican restaurant.  Not a good combination.

Ironman looked at me. "The eating is over after this meal"  Ha!  Where have I heard that before?

I'm having a difficult time getting started.  I know I can lose the pounds I gained over this last year.  But I need to get through that first day!  It has been frustrating trying to just get going.

Therefore I am putting myself first on the list.  I'm stocking the refrigerator full of healthy food choices.  Dancer Girl said she will ride her bike beside me every other day if I wanted to start walking again.  Yes!  I want to start!

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! It's so hard to get back in the swing of healthy eating and regular exercise. And I hear you on the Mexican food. We went there after work on Wednesday, and I just love chips and salsa and ate way-way-way too many! I'm walking daily again, but mostly becuase the guilt I feel as our three dogs sit by the back door waiting for me is quite unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need a little more of that "guilt" to get me going.

    ReplyDelete