Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Making Healthier Choices

A moment of quiet, please:

LSU pelicans can't show their faces today.  


In other news, Ironman decided before Christmas that he was going to try to survive the eating binge that holidays bring, but afterwards it would be vegetables and fruits all the way.  This adventure began on Sunday.  Do you know what all that fiber does to you?  

Sunday we ate fruit, vegetables, soup and whole grain bread.
Monday we ate fruit, vegetables, brown rice, peas, sweet potatoes and soy milk.
Today we ate fruit, vegetables kabobs, whole grain pasta, walnuts and eggs.  (not all at the same time!)  I made a smoothie after work with soy milk, blackberries, blueberries and crushed ice.  

While I was cleaning the kitchen, I ate 4 vanilla wafers :)

Eating all this fiber has made me feel full.  Really fun.  Like "I can't eat another bite" full.  Today I had more energy than I've had in weeks.  

I'm sure tonight I will dream about Mrs. Winner's Cinnamon Rolls. 

I know I won't be able to sustain this vegetarian eating for long.  Eventually I'll have to add some fish and chicken.  Variety, as they say, is the spice of life.  Without it I'm setting myself up for failure.  

For now, though, I'll support Ironman by joining him in the garden of eating.  He's working out of town tomorrow................ hmmmm  what should I prepare for supper?  

3 comments:

  1. How does a baked potato fit in the plans? That's what I want for dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Seems out of place. It was a sweet potato, though. And I just had to have something more........... what's the word........... "normal". So I threw a couple of smallish sweet potatoes in the oven to bake. I like to eat them plain so no cinnamon/sugar mixture. I'm sure this potato was a better choice than what I really wanted: ONION RINGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I'll be swamping mine with butter, therefore negating any value it has!

    ReplyDelete