Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Today was a long, l.o.n.g. day

Have you ever had a day that you thought would never end?  That was my day today.  It was just one thing after the other.

Someone had been in my classroom after school and didn't bother to clean up before they left.  So I was hit with that disorder when I first arrived.

A colleague was late to work which put us all in a bind.   It was one of those things that could not have been anticipated or avoided, but inconvenienced us all nonetheless.

Plans went awry.

Time creeped on.

I rushed home from work to meet the exterminator.  After the house was treated I decided to clean out my coupon binder as I was considering traveling to my vacation home Kroger.   I had many expired coupons to take out and many new coupons to file.


Sitting there alone doing tedious work can be calming to me.  It gives me time to think. I like organizing.  I like to alphabetize.
I waited for I.T. girl to return home from school.  After listening to her tales of that fake land of high school I decided she deserved some takeout.  So we ordered chinese.

Kroger can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment